Talk of Big Data is everywhere because it touches all industries, not just companies that provide data-rich products and services. It’s more than the information you create, distribute and take in. Big Data is business intelligence that companies can use to grow innovation, profits and their future. Here’s how seven industries are doing just that:
- Communications service providers face the challenge of delivering rich media faster than the next company. How can they move ahead of the pack?
- The file sizes and storage needs of the media and entertainment industry are growing exponentially each day. These companies need cost-effective ways to manage the massive amounts of heavy data they produce.
- The energy industry mines data to enhance power distribution efficiency, manage costs and minimize the likelihood of outages.
- Manufacturing analyzes their Big Data to understand how to improve product portfolios, adjust pricing, change strategies and optimize resources.
- Banking and securities firms mine their Big Data to make faster trades, to win over skeptical customers and to comply with strict regulations imposed on their businesses.
- In education, administrators use high-value data to track student progress, improve operational efficiency and meet government reporting requirements.
- And healthcare is completely transforming the way it stores, uses and analyzes information. The paper system is going digital and thus more efficiently managing patient data and empowerment.
Optimal Big Data management combines hardware, analytic software and cloud technology. Check out how Dell | Cloudera can help your business reap the bounty of effectively harvesting information.Tags: Business,Uncategorized